- Applicable for conducting and nonconducting materials
- Vacuum of the order of 10 exp(-8) Torr
- Stage temperature: 300 degree Celsius
- Three dc target
- One RF target
- Cu sealed tube X-ray Source
- Third generation Gobel Mirror provides the X-ray highest flux density
- Dynamic Scintillation detector and Sol X detector also available
- System is designed for easy and failsafe operation
- High performance optics provide the optimum resolution for each application and sample
- Centric Eulerian Cradle provides advantage for texture, micro diffraction investigation
- 5 inch vacuum chuck
- Thermally controlled stage for measurement from Room Temperature to 1100 degree Celsius
- Rietveld Refinement analysis
- SPS is high speed powder consolidation process
- High amperage pulsed DC current is used to activate the consolidation and reaction-sintering of materials
- Full density and controlled porosity
- Pre-forming and binders NOT necessary
- Retains nanometric particle structure
- Fast cycle times
- Powder-to-part net and near-net shapes
- Minimal grain growth
- Ease of use
- Max. Temp.: 2200 degree Celsius
- Max. Ramp Rate: 200 degree Celsius/minute
- Max. Pressure: 100 Mpa
- Die size(dia): 20 to 50 mm
- The OMNI-Lab's glovebox provides a working volume of inert atmosphere nearly free of moisture and oxygen. The glovebox is a hermetically sealed, stainless steel enclosure with a full-view window. Installed is a right side mounted 15" inside diameter antechamber with an interior and exterior entry/exit airlock door, used for passing materials in and out without disturbing the glovebox atmosphere. All materials are passed in and out of the glovebox on a sliding tray installed in the antechamber.
- 9" diameter glove ports and butyl rubber gloves, mounted in the full-view window, provide easy access to all areas of the glovebox. Two standard customer interface connections are located on the left side of the glovebox. Electrical connections inside the glovebox are provided with a standard duplex receptacle box on the lower right side.
- It provides optional moisture and oxygen analyzers mounted on the control panel. There are 2 models of each type of analyzer. The basic analyzers provide autoranging displays from 10 ppm to percent ranges. The moisture and oxygen analyzers are also available in models with added user adjustable setpoints for audio alarm activation
- Max. Temperature: 1500 degree Celsius
- Max. Ramp Rate: 15 degree Celsius/Minute
- Vacuum: 10 exp(-4) Torr
- The Procast Precision tape casting machine is a full line of versatile Casting/Coating Machines for the production of high quality cast/coated products. Systems range in length from 12 feet, ideal for lab scale applications, to over 100 feet. It is equally adept at either continuous or batch operation. Casting/coating thicknesses from 0.001" to 0.125" and widths from 4" to 52" Can be routinely produced on a daily basis on PRO-CAST® machines
- Precise casting/coating surface ground and certified to a tolerance of+0.0003".
- Sturdy structure with a solid level casting/coating platform.
- Precisely set gaps for doctor blade or coating heads.
- Systems to consistently deliver slurry to the surface of the carrier.
- Forced, preheated air drawn in a counter-flow direction for convective drying, solvent gradient control, and exhaust removal.
- Exhaust system sized to be compatible with solvent or aqueous based slurries.
- Multi-purpose button and groove crucibles in a copper base plate.
- Highly reliable, hydraulic heavy-duty hoist.
- Contactless high-voltage, high-frequency arc ignition.
- Water-cooled, double-walled high vacuum chamber.
- Motor driven, water-cooled tungsten electrode which can be moved freely above the crucibles.
- Excellent observation of the melting process through two viewing ports.
- All important control functions are integrated in the head of the electrode and ensure safe and convenient operation.
- Complete pumping system and supply units.
- Powerful generators for melting quantities of up to 500 g and approx. 4000°C (400 and 800 A).
- Special design of the vacuum chamber for large batches up to
- approx. 500 g or for in situ casting of the molten alloys.
- Manipulator for turning small samples in situ.
- 360 degree observation
- 2D/3D imaging and measurement capability, including automated measurement tools
- High-speed image stitching
- Super Resolution imaging mode
- High Dynamic Range [HDR]
- Depth composition function for full-focus imaging
- 54 megapixel 3CCD camera
The system offers unique versatility in materials research by measuring the Magnetic moments as a function of Magnetic Field( 0 to 7 Tesla), Temperature (2 K to 400 K) and time through its capabilities over highest quality data acquisition. It allows automated magnetic moment measurement for automated control over magnetic field, temperature and time changes. Its sensitivity to measure magnetic moment of the range of 10 -8 emu and capability to cool the sample from room temperature to 2 K within 30 minutes makes the system unique.
BRUKER D8 X-ray
Spark Plasma Sintering System
Tape Casting Machine
Arc Melter System
Edmund Buhler´s Arc Melting system provides following features:
Differential scanning calorimeter
The Differential scanning calorimeter (TA instruments model Q 2000)
system offers unique versatility in materials research by determining
the temperature and heat flow associated with material transition as
a function of time and temperature (minus 183 C to 725 C) through its
capabilities over auto sampler and auto temperature control during
quality data acquisition. The SDT Q600 provides simultaneous
measurement of weight change (TGA) and true differential heat
flow (DSC) on the same sample from ambient to 1,500 ˚C. It features
a field-proven horizontal dual beam design with automatic beam growth compensation, and the ability to analyze two TGA samples simultaneously.
DSC heat flow data is dynamically normalized using the
instantaneous sample weight at any given temperature
Keyence VHX-2000 optical Microscope
The VHX-2000 Digital Microscope is designed to alleviate the shortcomings of traditional, optical light microscopes - shallow depth-of-field, short working distance, lack of portability and versatility, sample limitations. This system is equipped with a CCD camera, 17" LCD monitor, light source, controller, analysis/reporting software and a motorized XY stage along with motorized Z-axis lens control which helps to improve the speed and efficiency of the inspection process. This system has a capability of a wide ranged microscopic observation with magnification range from 50x - 1000x. Other features are as follows:
MTS compression testing system
The MTS compression system ( model MTS insight 30 SL) is comprised of load frame with force capacity of 1kN to 300kN with minimum test speed 0.001 mm/min. and maximum speed 500 mm/min. The position resolution is 0.001 mm. It is DC 4 Quadrant Motor driven system. This system is controlled by TestWorks software which provides fully automatic machine control, data acquisition and also temperature control in the range of minus 80 C to 300 C.